- Current Events
- JCRW Leadership
- Celebrating America
- Women in Politics
- Tea Party
- Political Action
- Book Reviews
- Public Education
- Off Site Links
Judge Tim Barnack
TIM BARNACK Circuit Court Judge
Tim Barnack was born in Rochester, Minnesota, and moved with his family to Brazil at age seven. His father was a public school administrator for a foreign exchange school and his mother worked as an English teacher. During this time, Tim traveled throughout South America. In 1974, his family moved to Juneau, Alaska. Both parents devoted their lives to instilling strong values in their seven children by serving their community. Working as a busboy, river raft guide and cannery worker, Tim learned well the values of responsibility and hard work. An additional accomplishment was earning a Black belt in karate.
In 1988, Tim received his Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Oregon. Tim then attended the Lewis & Clark Northwestern School of Law and received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence Degree. After obtaining his law degree, he began his career in private practice as a civil law attorney. By 1996, Tim chose to make the Rogue Valley his home. For the past decade, Tim has served the Jackson County community as a Deputy District Attorney.
Tim Barnack has been recognized for his volunteer work. He was named the 1998 Southern Oregon Special Olympics Volunteer of the Year. He has served as an advocate for the rights of all victims, including children, senior citizens and those dealing with domestic violence. He appeared on Court TV for successfully prosecuting Jack Harrelson, the nationally renowned “grave robber” of Native American artifacts. However, he is most recognized for his skill in making difficult decisions. As a Senior Deputy District Attorney, Tim has an outstanding reputation based on his unwavering ability to seek justice honestly and with the utmost integrity.
Tim was elected a Jackson County Circuit Court Judge in 2008.
• Bachelor of Science: University of Oregon
• Doctor of Jurisprudence: Lewis and Clark Northwestern School of Law
• Head Start Transition Project: Board Member
• Goose Hollow Homeless Shelter: Volunteer
• Southern Oregon Special Olympics: 1998 Volunteer of the Year
• Muscular Dystrophy Association: Volunteer
• “Stand Down” Veterans Administration: Volunteer
• Domestic Violence Counsel: Past Member
• Talent Little League: Coach
• “SMART” Reading Program: Volunteer
• Kids Unlimited 2007 Volunteer
• Young Lawyer’s Executive Committee
• Oregon State Bar
• Certification in Trial Advocacy, Homicide, Domestic Violence, Manslaughter, Arson, Narcotics
• Adjunct Professor: Southern Oregon University Criminology
• Adjunct Professor: Rogue Community College Criminology
• Criminal Law and Procedure: Rogue Valley Police Agencies
barnack_bio.indd 2 11/9/07 3:09:01 PM